Terms and Conditions
To rent a car from Aegean Rent, the renter must:
Be over 23* years of age to qualify for all the groups and have a valid driving license issued at least one year ago.
- Have a valid Greek, European (for E.U. countries) or International (for countries that don’t belong to E.U.) driving license.
- Have a personal credit or debit.
* The renters aged between 21-22 will be subject to Young Drivers Surcharge by paying an extra fee.
- When collecting the vehicle all renters need to have:
- A valid driving license.
- A personal credit or debit card. Third party credit cards are not accepted unless there is a written validated authorization. Through the credit/debit card is made a pre approval of the required guarantee which is necessary for the rental of the vehicle. The deductable amount of damage waiver of the selected vehicle is the required rental guarantee. In case of non-existence of a credit/debit card the required guarantee can be paid in cash with a pre increase of 20% of the deductable amount of damage waiver of the selected vehicle.
* For groups concerning Luxury Cars and Cargo Vans credit card is required.
- The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel and must be refilled prior to car return, otherwise a charge of fuel* in addition to a refueling fee of 12,40€ will apply.
- When collecting the vehicle, the renter will be given a Rental Agreement in which he is obligated to read and sign. The Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/insurances that the renter might request with their relevant charges.
- It is very important that the renter checks and reports any existing damage on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter. The renter has to sign at collection/delivery a condition form for any damages to the vehicle.
- 1 Day rental is considered the 24 hours plus 3 hours as a grace period. In case the renter exceeds this period, an additional day of rental will be charged.
- The prices includes 100 klm per day.
* Depends on the valid average fuel cost.
All Aegean Rent vehicles are insured:
- against liability to third parties (excluding driver) for death and injury up to 1.220.000,00€ per victim
- material damages to third parties (excluding the Aegean Rent vehicle) up to 1.220.000,00€
- for fire of the Aegean rent vehicle.
- glass and windscreen, side windows, rear windows (except mirrors and lights).
If the Aegean Rent vehicle is damaged or stolen by renter’s culpability or negligence, or if any damage is caused by using incorrect fuel, as a result of a breach of the rental terms, the renter will be liable, up to the total car’s commercial value at the time of accident or theft. Any damage caused to the vehicle’s underside, antenna and tires are not covered by any insurance.
Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W.)
The renter can limit his responsibility for his legal share in any damage of the vehicle:
- to 600€ by paying the amount of 10€ per day for car groups A, B, B1,*
- to 700€ by paying the amount of 12€ per day for car groups C,D, *
- to 800€ by paying the amount of 15€ per day for car groups E,F, *
- to 1000€ by paying the amount of 19€ per day for car groups SUV, *
- to 800€ for Big Cargo Van and to 600€ for Small Cargo Van by paying the amount of 17€ per day for car groups VAN*.
Special Collision Damage Waiver (S.C.D.W.)
The renter can limit his responsibility for his legal share in any damage of the vehicle:
- to 250€ by paying the amount of 20€ per day for car groups A, B, B1,*
- to 300€ by paying the amount of 23€ per day for car groups C,D, *
- to 00€ by paying the amount of 27€ per day for car groups E,F, *
- to 750€ by paying the amount of 32€ per day for car groups SUV, *
- to 600€ by paying the amount of 32€ per day for car groups VAN, *
*provided that traffic laws where not contravened in the case of an accident (i.e. violation of red light or STOP sign, illegal overtaking, driving under the influence of alcohol etc)
Theft Protection (Τ.P.)
If the renter accepts (and signs) the relative contract terms, he disposes of the responsibility for the theft of the car by paying the additional daily charge of:
- 6€ for car groups A, B, B1, C,
- 8€ for car groups D, E,
- 15€ for car groups F, G, Cargo Van,
Note: Theft Protection (T.P.) is not valid in case of driver’s negligence.
Personal Accident Insurance (P.A.I.)
This insurance, optionally available for 6€ per day, covers the driver for death, total or partial disability up to 15.000,00€.
Collection / Delivery
- Free of charge to all Aegean Rent stations in town or airport of the same town or the same island
- In town: 15€
- Suburban towns up to 50km from the nearest Aegean Rent station: 40€
- Suburban towns over 50km from the nearest Aegean Rent station: Please contact the Central Reservation Department or any Aegean Rent branch
- Night / After hours (according to our station list): 25
« Rent it Here – Leave it There » Service (One Way)
It is applicable after having an advanced written authorization from Aegean Rent.
One day. After the 25th rental hour, an additional day will be charged.
Airport Service Charge (A.S.C.)
- 13% for Athens International Airport (Spata)
Additional Driver (A.D.)
Extra charge for each additional driver: 5€ per day
Incident Administration Fee
In case of an accident due to the renter’s liability, renter has the obligation to pay a non refundable fee of 22€ in order to cover administration expenses.
Administration Fee for fines
The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines that may occur during the car rental. In case the renter does not pay the fine(s) and Aegean Rent intervenes to the procedure, there will be an Administration Fee for the fine of 20€ additional to the fine’s cost.
Removal of license plates
In case of removal of license plates, the renter will be charged for the rental until the return of the license plates from the competent service.
Loss or damage of key
In case of loss or damage of car key during the rental, the renter is liable for following charges:
- 90€-240€ for car groups A, B, B1, C,
- 120€-310€ for car groups D, E,
- 240€-530€ for car groups F, G, Cargo Van,
|Type||Cost per day|
|Child seat (until 6 months)||5€|
|Child seat (from 6 months)||5€|
|Navigation System (GPS)||6€|
Equipment are available only after a reservation.
In case of a cancellation of a reservation made through internet, and provided that Aegean Rent has been informed, there is no charge fee. During High Season (1/7 – 15/9) and for cancellation with a car pick-up date of less than 20 days, the cancellation fee is equal to 2 days rent of the vehicle category for the canceled reservation. Cancellations have to be sent in writing by email: email@example.com
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without any written or telephone conversation, Aegean rent will cancel the reservation after 3 hours. Aegean Rent reserves the right to charge the renter a one day rental of the car group reserved. During High Season (1/7 – 15/9) the corresponding charge is equal to 40% of the amount of the canceled reservation.
In case the renter returns the vehicle and its cabin has stains and requires a biological cleaning procedure (ie animal hair, sand etc on car seats or car floor or port baggage etc.), he will have to pay the amount of 90€. In case of any other damage incurred by the renter (eg burns etc) there will be relevant charges according to the type of damage.
Ferrying the car
In the case of ferrying the car between Greek islands, all insurances are not valid and the renter has to return the car to the pick-up station, otherwise all transportation costs will be charged to the renter. In case of an accident or mechanical problem, the car transportation back to the mainland (Aegean Rent branch) is the renter’s responsibility and for all expenses.
Across the border rental
An advanced written authorization from Aegean Rent Greece is required as well as a valid personal credit card for guarantee. The cost for issuing the Green card and International Road Assistance will be paid by the renter.
If the renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he will have to contact, in written, the Aegean Rent branch from which he picked up the car in order to extend his Rental Agreement and sign the new Rental Agreement.
For every car rental a credit card is required as a guarantee or cash as a financial guarantee equal to the amount of the chosen liability waiver.
Aegean Rent accepts the following credit / debit cards: Visa, Mastercard and all Sixt Cards. In case renter chooses the payment method of credit card for reservations through internet and only, Aegean rent accepts all credits, debits and prepaid cards of Visa, Mastercard. In case renter chooses the payment method of cash, Aegean Rent has the right to request through the Reservation Department the rental prepayment either with a credit card or bank transfer, before car delivery.
The payment method for Early Booking reservations are obliged only through a credit card.
Above mentioned rates include V.A.T.
Above mentioned rates do not include Airport Service Charge (A.S.C) in case of delivery from an airport.
All traffic fines resulting from violation of the Greek traffic law are for renter’s account.
Rates & Conditions may change without notice.
The Athens Courts of Law are responsible for resolving any problems or doubts of service that might occur.